A Bit About Hypnotherapy
“Healing does not mean that the damage never existed, it simply means that the damage can no longer control you”.
Letting go of a memory is not easy but letting go of a discomfort is a process that requires professional assistance. No one should live in pain and a step toward seeking help is a step toward recovery. Seeking help is a sign of strength and self-maturity. There are various modalities that can assist individuals in healing from emotional, psychological, & physiological discomfort. Hypnotherapy is one of these many modalities that can help unlock the subconscious mind to eliminate toxicity to allow oneself to heal from within. The human mind is consist of three levels of awareness: Conscious (consists of 10%), Subconscious (60%), & Unconscious (30%). It is important to clear each level of awareness from past negative experiences to make new positive memories.
- What is Hypnosis? ~ We experience hypnosis every day when we go into a sleep state. Hypnosis is a natural state of altered consciousness that occurs normally in all human being.
- How does Hypnotherapy work? ~ Most physical symptoms are the product of internal emotional conflicts. Using Hypnotherapy individuals can understand and resolve inner conflicts on the very deepest of levels.
- Can physical symptoms be caused by emotion? ~ Physical symptoms are psychosomatic (Mind-Body connection) in nature which means that they have an emotional or nervous system basis. Every organ in our body is connected to the brain by nerve channels and when the nervous system is under stress or is experiencing trauma/conflicts, the effects are felt in different parts of the body in the form of illnesses/disorders.
- Can anyone be hypnotized? ~ Yes, it is a normal state of mind that everybody passed through before going to sleep.
- What is the value of Hypnosis? ~ Hypnosis is a natural state of mind that all humans enter into 80-90% every day. In hypnotherapy, this is used to access the subconscious mind, where a deeper state of consciousness can resolve many internal conflicts, fears, and phobias.
- What does it feel like to be hypnotized? ~ Hypnosis is highly consciousness and at any point during trance individuals are not unconsciousness or asleep. In fact, individuals are highly aware of their experiences and are actively listening and communicating throughout the trance. Hypnotherapy is very effective yet the sessions are fun and exciting as the mind is highly active during a trance. After coming out of the trance, individuals can remember and recall any information that they discuss during trance with their practitioner and can also utilize that information in the next session. In hypnosis, the subconscious mind is active, the thoughts are in your control, individual perceive all stimuli.
- How does hypnosis actually work? ~ As a human, we are highly prone to external stimuli in terms of suggestibilities. Our mind is highly suggestible is constantly receiving external (information that we obtain from our surroundings) & internal (information that we have been given) suggestions. We make ourselves suffer by having negative thoughts and impulses invading our mind from subconscious recesses. Hypnosis targets these negative impulses by going deeper in subconsciousness mind.
Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy can help with numerous issues
- Anxiety ~ Hypnosis is a state of relaxation which provides opportunities for positive suggestibility. Symptoms of anxiety include but not limited to hypervigilance, irregular heart rate, muscle tension, shortness of breath, sweating, restlessness, lack of concentration, unwanted thoughts, & more. If you are experiencing a group of these symptoms, we can assist in calming and targetting anxiety related issues.
- Anger Mangement ~ Chronic anger, Passive anger, Self-inflicted anger, & Volatile anger can be very toxic for self, for others, for a relationship, family, & career. The leading cause of anger can vary: financial issues, stress, abuse, genetics, body’s low ability to deal with stress can lead to anger, certain chemical and hormones can also effect anger.
- Weight Mangement ~ Weight loss or weight gain due to emotional or psychological symptoms can be targetted through hypnotherapy. Few sessions of hypnotherapy can help you manage your weight.
- Smoking Cessation ~ Smoking poison body and organs. Smoking is a dangerous habit and it can lead to serious conditions such as cancer, heart attack, lung disease, stroke, bone fractures, and more. (5 – 8 hypnotherapy sessions can help reduce the habit).
- Other conditions treated through Hypnotherapy ~ Pain/Discomfort, Depression, Phobia/Fear, Compulsion, Negative thoughts & Behaviors, Abuse, Trauma & PTSD, increase Mind-Body connection, Physical & Emotional impairments, Exam/Test Anxiety, Insomnia, Negative habits, Sadness, Addictions, athletic performance, Self-Esteem, Coping Skills, Family Conflicts, and more. Call us to find out how we can cater to your need.